Hello everyone! Happy New Year! I hope you didn’t struggle to wake up this morning after staying up to ring in the new year. I didn’t stay up as late as we originally planned. We were going to take our youth group to a neighboring church, but little Elizabeth got sick, so I stayed home.
This year, I am making a few resolutions. Last year, I just wanted to get fit and keep my child alive. I’ve mostly accomplished that, so I thought I’d set a 5 goals for this year.
- Pass my first semester of Grad school. This summer I am going back to school to get my masters in teaching, so I can start teaching high school english. I’ve been out of school for about two years, but I think I am ready for the challenge.
- Be happy with my body. I don’t want to set the normal goal of lose ___ pounds this year. There is a weight goal that I want to reach, but more importantly, I want to be happy and proud of my body.
- Read 40 books. For the past few years, I’ve read 36 books each year. I didn’t purposely set out to read that many; it’s just the way it’s happened. This year, I am going to push myself to read 40. I’ve started the Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge and set out a list of books that I’ve got on my list here.
- Take Elizabeth out to the park more often. Once Elizabeth is walking, I want to take her to the park as often as I can. I loved to swing when I was younger, and I think that is something she would like. Also, we love picnics, so we could do that too.
- Be more deliberate with my time. I watch a lot of television. Let me rephrase that; I watch a lot of the same television shows that I’ve already seen over and over again. Usually after an episode or two, I feel horrible for jut sitting around and wasting time. So I’m going to try to limit myself to one episode, and then push myself to do something productive like reading or playing with Elizabeth.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Leave them in the comments below! Good luck and Happy New Year!